Prologue:— You know I’ve created this blog to share my knowledge with the world as long as it belongs to the world ultimately! I’m a true believer of the Open Source Philosophy and always try to move to the free content under GNU/GPL Licensing. At home, I’m cent percent shifted toward open source and I know all the pain to shift from the copyrighted property to the Open Source property. So, I intend to go slow, steady & sequentially….
You think you are smart! Well, I’ve no doubt on that since you’ve come to this moment to take a pick on my posting. Now lets check how much you are smart to announce yourself as a Smart & Advanced PC user (i don’t mind call it PC, no matter its a PC or MAC or Linux). Here are some tools and services offered completely free or at least for home user or limited usage but enough to meet our need!:
1 of 24 free services/ Software to ease our life:
(Incremental Backup Service: Remote,Online & Free)
Don’t tell me you have never suffered data loss! At least I don’t know anybody. We know there are numerous software and services to do the backup job for you from the first place. Right? And I guess you faced the same problem- those are too expensive and complicated for self-declared smart user like us! Days has changed. I personally recommend here two inevitable services with 2GB free space. Believe me- I’ve been using these services since I came to the knowledge of their existence and they woks more than just fine! Bottom line is you don’t have to be a geek to use or configure these services. Any toddler can do it!
My 1st choice: Mozy Home: 2 GB of 100% free backup space.
No setup fee, no credit cards, no monthly payments, no expiration.
How It Works
1. Sign up for an account. Create a MozyHome user account which will allow you to download MozyHome software. Its quick, easy and our step-by-step instructions will guide you through the process.
2. Download and install software.
MozyHome downloads in just seconds (its just 8.5MB), and the installation is simple and fast.
3. Select files to be backed up. Simply check the boxes next to the backup sets, or types of files you want to back up, and MozyHome does the rest. In addition to selecting files by backup sets, you also have the option of selecting specific files and directories.
* Open/locked file support: Mozy will back up your documents whether they’re open or closed.
* 128-bit SSL encryption: The same technology used by banks secures your data during the backup process.
* 448-bit Blowfish encryption: Secures your files while in storage, providing peace of mind that your private data is safe from hackers.
* Automatic: Schedule the times to back up and MozyHome does the rest.
* New and changed file detection: MozyHome finds and saves the smallest changes.
* Backs up Outlook files: Disaster-proof email protection.
* Block-level incremental backup: After the initial backup, MozyHome only backs up files that have been added or changed, making subsequent backups lightning fast.
I’ve been using this service for long now and I swear by my soul, “It’s worth trying”. I never bothered about my data loss since the day I test run this divine Automatic Incremental Backup Service. And I still can’t believe Its free and never irritate me with advertising and reminder for upgrade.
Alternatives to MozyHome: Do nothing and don’t worry about backup. (I suggest closing your eyes, plugging your ears and repeating “I’m in my happy place, I’m in my happy place.”)