5. Windows XP Desktop Customization Tools for Junk cleaning, Launchpad & Faster navigation…
5 of 24 free services/ Software to ease our life:
01. CCleaner v2.16.830:
We all have been using tools like junk cleaner, reg cleaner etc .. and sometimes we end up with deleting some important sys files while cleaning the junk files. And sometimes we screw up with registry too. So, we all have been searching for a safe and intellegent tool that alone can determine which files and registry entries are essential for running my programs. The best option: CCleaner (formerly known as Crap Cleaner). I wonder if anybody uses otherwise after knowing & using this superb junk cleaner. Its publisher claims total download counts over 240 million!
Its Capabilities include:
Internet Explorer: Temporary files, history, cookies, Auto-complete form history, index.dat.
Firefox: Temporary files, history, cookies, download history, form history.
Google Chrome: Temporary files, history, cookies, download history, form history.
Opera: Temporary files, history, cookies.
Safari: Temporary files, history, cookies, form history.
Windows: Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.
Registry cleaner: Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more…
Also comes with a comprehensive backup feature.
Third-party applications: Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Microsoft Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more…
02. Folder Guide 1.2:
It has become so difficult to navigate your favorite & frequently visited folders since your HDD has gone to the TB measure or at least you are planning to move on. Even sometimes you need dozens of mouse clicks to navigate to your desired folder! Want to save your time while browse directories? You got only one option: Folder Guide v1.2. Its damn easy to use, lightweight, fast and free! You won’t even notice you’ve installed a new tool. This software is intended to save your time, not waste or consume your valuable time! With the help of Folder Guide you can now add your frequently visited folders to your context menu and can navigate anytime to any of those directories instantly, even for the saving or opening a file.
Key Features includes:
• Quick access folders in Open/Save As/Browse dialogs.
• Quick access folders in Windows Explorer and the desktop and the Star button.
• Easy to add folder to the list of “Folder Guide”.
• Easy to edit or reorder folders in the list of “Folder Guide”.
• Runs automatically as part of the context menu.
• 100% Spyware FREE.
Using Folder Guide is as easy as 1-2-3!
1. Right click your favorite folder and add it to Folder Guide.
2. Folder Guide will show your favorite folders in Folder Guide menu.
3. Click a menu item and you are brought to the folder.
03. RocketDock v 1.3.5:
Feature that’s inexplicably missing from Windows XP, and surprisingly, missing even from Windows Vista is the “Dock”. A bar of icons that lets you add and launch frequently used /favourite programs and directories; and its highly customizable! Its bulit-in into Mac OS X. Here
comes the savior Rocket Dock by Punklabs. You can place it at the top, side or bottom of your screen. By defaullt it comes with variety of icons and features like My computer, My documents, Recycle bin, Control panel etc, but you can add anything and even customize the graphics. It supports Running application indicators and Minimize windows to the dock too.
Key Features includes:
* Minimize windows to the dock
* Real-time window previews in Vista
* Running application indicators
* Simple drag-n-drop interface
* Multi-monitor support
* Supports alpha-blended PNG and ICO icons
* Icons zoom and transition smoothly
* Auto-hide and Popup on mouse over
* Positioning and layering options
* Fully customizable
* Completely Portable
* ObjectDock Docklet support
* Compatible with MobyDock, ObjectDock, RK Launcher, and Y’z Dock skins
* Runs great on slower computers
* Unicode compliant
* Supports many languages and can easily be translated
* A friendly user base 🙂
* And best of all… its FREE!!!